True stories of a small flock of remarkable individuals -- and other critters.



Saturday, April 24, 2010

PIGEON: a complex and mysterious chicken


. . . . . continued from the previous post:  VACATION!

Pigeon MANIACALLY ADORES Lucy.
She spends most of her time

totally invading

Lucy's space.

But occasionally,

Pigeon runs off in search of her own adventure.
She loves to run.

She finds mystery and intrigue just about everywhere.




Stepping over the garden hose is always a thrill.




And one day she met a rabbit who tolerated her for a few minutes.


She also has this habit...

...of stalking...

 ...the lady...



...in blue jeans.


Does she adore me the same way she does Lucy?
or am I just 


the chicken-feed lady?


...good question...
.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   

Another question for Pigeon:

-------Will she ever lay an egg?------

After two months of good food, new flock, tons of fun, Pigeon has had more than enough time to get her egg-laying apparatus moving.  

What's up with that?

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
Next blog entry: THE GREAT ESCAPE

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! The drawings of Pidge running are a hoot! I think Lucy and Pidge may be twins separated at birth ;o) She does have a good story in her! The fixer-up chicken has become a star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a complicated girl. Look forward to hearing more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I await each enstallment with baited breath, but I am a little disturbed with this post. The entire thing is in past tense.

    Not wanting to disturb the narrative - but is Pigeon still with us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious Pigeon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your drawings, and the simple commentary. They would make such a cute and awesome book! You talent is awe-inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pigeon is beautiful. Was she laying before you got her? Hmm, all I can think of is she has a hidden nest somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you catch her ransacking the shed?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay oh yay for present tense.

    Thank you for allievating my concern. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the garden hose adventure! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did Lucy lay an egg yet? If not, maybe Pidgeon is waiting for her to lay one first...?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Your blog always brightens my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww so cute! I like to think my chickens love me, but I think they secretly love the treats more than me! Haha. But I have one that always follows me around and talks to me, no matter if I have treats or not, and it's pretty cute :)

    ReplyDelete